Monday, July 7, 2008

...One step closer

Hey all! I wanted to put up a quick post before we actually leave because I'm not sure when the next time I'll be able to do it is. We got into Philadelphia this afternoon and had our first day of orientation. We mostly went over safety and integrating into our new culture and eventually being accepted. It was awesome to get to meet everyone that's going with us - there are 25 volunteers going total right now and everyone will be a secondary teacher - either English, math, or best of all science. :o) Not that I'm biased.

We all went out to grab dinner afterward - we of course went to a place that had cheesesteaks. Pizza, cheesesteak and hoagies - an excellent next to last official dinner in the states! We went out and grabbed a drink afterward and we are calling it a fairly early night (long day of orientation/vaccinations tomorrow). But I hope that you have all already written your first letter and sent it out so it's waiting for us when we get there....:o)

This one will be short because I am exhausted. But hopefully I'll post again soon.

Love and miss you all already!
Marg

3 comments:

Alli said...

I'm so glad you guys made it safely to Philadelphia and enjoyed your first day of orientation with the group you're with! I thought about you both several times today! Have a wonderful, safe trip out to Africa, and I hope your family made it out safely for the cruise!

Love Lots,
Alli

Unknown said...

Big Rami here. I wrote a letter! w00t! Now I have to get out of the hospital early enough to make a trip to the post office. Hope you are enjoying the time.

'ello nancy

Susan said...

I read somewhere that Aug 1 is the day you receive your official assignment. I hope you will be able to post a blog to let us know. Looking forward to updates on Forechiah (sp?). We miss you guys,
Love,
Susan/Mom